Saturday 30 January 2010

Intent Cordial

Well, today we were hoping to make lemon cordial. Not strictly seasonal, but we hoped that the experience would prime us for things like elderflower and nettle later in the year. Unfortunately, we need citric acid for that (for the "preservation" part) and there's none to be found in the shops hereabout. I wish there were proper chemists still.
Nomatter, because I've bought some on the internet, which is not how I'd prefer matters, but a necessary evil.

2 comments:

  1. Can you post a link for your citric acid source? I've been trying to get some for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Sorry, I haven't been keeping up to date and so didn't notice your comment. I have included a link for where to get citric acid in the cordial post which I have just published. We got it from http://www.simplynatural.org.uk/, where it seemed reasonably priced and was delivered quickly.
    I have since discovered this shop in Edinburgh, where I imagine we can get it from in future: http://www.edinahomebrewshop.co.uk/index.html
    I hope that you've managed to get hold of some by now, or that this helps!
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete